Is your dad worthy of an award? Of course he is! Make him this shiny, gold trophy for Father's Day.
Looking for more Father's Day fun? Get creative with one of these Father's Day crafts and recipe ideas.
What you'll need:
- 2 foam coffee cups
- 5 inch square box (or one cut to size)
- Masking tape
- 1 gold chenille stem
- Gold craft paint
- Black construction paper, cut to fit on side of box
- White paint pen
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Turn cups upside down and trim bottom lips to make them flush. (See photo.)
- Glue the bottoms of the two cups together. (See photo.)
- Tape the square box shut by covering the entire box with masking tape. (See photo.)
- When glue on the cups have dried, wrap a piece of masking tape around the middle where the two cups meet. (See photo.)
- Cut the chenille stem in half and insert into each side of one of the cups as trophy handles. (See photo.)
- Cover cups completely with masking tape. (See photo.)
- Paint masking tape on both the trophy and the box gold. Let dry. (See photo.)
- Write "Awarded World's Best Dad" on the black construction paper with white paint pen. Glue to the front of the box. (See photo.)
- Pipe white glue onto the bottom of the cup that does not have the chenille handles. Press onto the top of the box and let glue dry completely. (See photo.)
- Fill the trophy cup with Dad's favorite candy.
- Paper cups can be used instead of foam.
- Use boxes from crackers, cereal bars, and convenience foods for projects like this one.